We all have that one family recipe. You know the one I’m talking about it right now. The one your mom or dad is known for making. Maybe it’s the one that isn’t reminds you of home. For myself and my mother, it’s no bake chocolate oatmeal cookies. We always have the ingredients on hand for this one. Once I went vegan, it didn’t take long for me to swap the appropriate ingredients when the craving hit.
- 4 Tablespoons organic cocoa
- 2 cups organic sugar
- ½ cup vegan butter or coconut oil
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup organic peanut butter
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup shredded coconut (optional)
- Whisk together cocoa, sugar, butter & milk in saucepan.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved & mixture is bubbling.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter & vanilla.
- Once the peanut butter has mixed in, stir in the oats and coconut if adding.
- Place in a 9x9 pan or spoon on a cookie sheet with parchment for cookie type servings.
- Let it cool for an hour. If you can't wait, we never can, spoon into a bowl & enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my mother and I do. We don’t always add the coconut so don’t feel like you’re missing out if you don’t. As always, tag me in the photos if you make it and let me know what you think!